Hunter Region Spring Championships 2023 Official
This official show will be held in Ring 1 (Sand Arena) and run under EA Rules. ALL competitors must be EA members and all horses must have a competition licence. Horses in the 1m-1.05 Unofficial classes only require Base Registration.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE MADE ON www.globalentriesonline.com.au and must be paid within 40 minutes of entry being submitted. Entries not paid in this time are automatically deleted by the system.
Note: There will be no entries taken on the day.
· All competitors MUST be Equestrian Australia members to compete at this event.
Discounts on entry fees are available for HVSJC members.
HVSJC membership can be paid at
and HorseSport Australia membership includes insurance package (see website for details www.horsesportaus.com.au/membership/insurance/) and can be paid at
It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure they are currently financial with the required organisation/s.
· Horses may only start in 1 division of each height, e.g. A, B, or C not multiples
· Horses may only start in 2 classes per day.
· There will be no HC rounds at this show.
Please ensure that your details including contact information, horse and rider EA numbers and PIC numbers are up to date in Global.
Entry corrections required by organisor will be sent to competitors at the email used for registration. Non response to requested corrections will result in the organisor making these corrections as they see fit.
· Changes after close of entries, or for the following day can be made using Live Editing on the Global Entries Online website.
All changes made through live editing are free
Changes can be made from 10am UP UNTIL 4pm each day. There will be no changes accepted after this time. We will not process changes made via phone, SMS or email.
· Alternatively, you can make changes at the office BEFORE 4pm each day for the following day's classes. These changes will incur a $5 admin fee.
· Correct horses & Rider MUST be entered or prizes/prizemoney & placings will be forfeited.
This policy will be strictly adhered to with NO exceptions. This is a volunteer run event and support is spread thinly, and is not to be wasted on these changes.
· In the event of wet weather, only if event or part of event is cancelled, will a percentage of entries be refunded. This percentage will vary depending on the overheads already paid for by organising committee.
· For scratchings made prior to close of entries, competitors will be refunded their entries, minus 10% of the total. This is to cover transaction fees charged to the event organisers as well as the time taken to process the refund.
· NO REFUNDS after close of entries unless veterinary/medical certificate is provided, minus 10% of the total. Please note that no yard bookings will be refundable unless the organising committee are able to fill your spot(s).
The Committee reserves the right to alter the schedule as deemed necessary, including combining classes with insufficient entries as well as refuse entries.
- Placegetters must attend Ring 1 presentations or ribbons and prizes may be withheld. (Formerly Ring 1 mounted presentations and placegetters are expected to attend)
- Ring 2 does not have presentations due to high entry numbers.
Prizemoney for Ring 1 to be collected from the event office. Funds not collect within 14 days will be donated back to the club.
Ring 2 prizes are to be collected from the event office.
Thoroughbred Sport Horse Association Classes
All horses entering the thoroughbred classes must have a TSHA licence. TSHA licences can be purchased on Global Entries online.
Log in to Global Entries and go to "manage horses" to fill in all details and pay for licence
If you need help, please contact Nicole Poetsch 0418 683 802 or email@example.com
- For this event are considered Junior until the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 18. If there is a junior class for the height entered, juniors must enter this division, not the open division.
- Junior Classes under 13 are to the end of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 13.
- Juniors can compete in open classes on the same horse if there is no junior division
- If Junior classes have less than 6 entrants, the junior and open divisions may be combined.
- Junior U/13 Pointscore Rug will be awarded on a total of results for the three days of competition.
Equestrian Australia National Jumping Rules Article 255 – Amateur Riders, Juniors and Young Riders
• Amateur Rider classes are classes for riders who:
• Must not have competed in an Olympic Games or World Equestrian Games in
• either Jumping or Eventing
• In the past 10 years must not have competed in a World Cup for Jumping Riders
• qualifying round.
• Must not have competed in section 1 and 2 at a Royal Show in Sydney,
• Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth in the past two years
• Must never have competed in a 4* 3 Day Event.
• Amateur Riders may not compete in an Amateur class if they compete in a class
• where the first round is higher than 1.20m at that show.
• Amateur Riders may not compete in an Amateur class on a horse that will
• compete in any class where the first round is higher than 1.20m at that show.
o Athletes must be meet the membership requirements as set out in the EA
• General Regulations.
o Riders may compete as amateurs from the beginning of the calendar year in
• which they turn 21 years of age.
o Organisers may at their discretion limit the number of horses a rider can start.
o The course shall be free-flowing and relatively simple. The first obstacle in
• the first round should be 10cm lower than the advertised starting height of
• the competition.
o There will be a maximum height rise of 10cm for the jump-off.
- Ring 1 jackets are compulsory unless Judge announces they are not required.
- Ring 2 Jackets not compulsory (EA summer uniform) that includes white or light fawn jodhpurs/breeches and polo shirts are allowed if tidy and have a collar and sleeves - long or short). Any other colour of jodhpurs or clothing with excessive logos or wording will not be allowed in the ring.
- Helmets must comply with current approved standards. It is the rider’s responsibility to check compliance.
All camping bookings are on a separate event listing.
All yard bookings are on a separate event listing.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to all rules and conditions including the Risk-Warning-and-Waiver-of-Liability HSA-2020
Enquiries to HVSJC:
Sue Middleton - 0417 261 550
Robyn Parker – 0466 316872